Since reopening in 2004 Luna Park Sydney as been continuously improving the sustainability of it's operation. As a company, we are committed to better understand our impact and identify ways to minimise negative and maximise the positive environmental, social and economic legacies of our operations.
Since the establishment of the Luna Park Sydney Sustainability Committee in 2012, a number of green initiatives have been achieved, including:
- Replacing ride and building lightbulbs with low wattage, energy efficient alternatives
- Encouraging the use of in-house suppliers for functions and events, reducing logistical costs and carbon output
- Reducing the printing of e-tickets for events and Park attendance by 66%
- Making use of reusable melamine plates for family days and birthday parties
- Diverting 97 kilograms of ink cartridges from landfill in just one year, by using a recycling collection service
- Recycling specialist items like fluorescent light tubes, workshop oils and eWaste via single stream recycling pickups
There are many more initiatives both currently in the pipeline and already successfully established. To find out more about how your event with Luna Park Venues can 'go green', speak to one of our Sales team today.
Click below to download our Sustainability Vision.